Roadworthy Certificates

A certificate of Roadworthiness, also called a roadworthy or RWC, guarantees that your vehicle meets the minimum safety standards to be legally driven on Victorian roads. If you’re planning on selling or otherwise transferring ownership of a vehicle, you first have to acquire a Roadworthy Certificate, issued only by a licensed tester.

The Roadworthy Inspection covers:

  • Wheels and tyres
  • Steering, suspension and brakes
  • Seats and seatbelts
  • Lights and reflectors
  • Windscreen, windows and wipers
  • Chassis

It does not cover aspects of the vehicle unrelated to safety, such as air conditioning, electric windows etc.

To learn more about the RWC, visit the vicroads site here, or download the registration transfer form.